AnimeSeed Shoutbox

Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.2.3 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Seed Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yaoi - Ecchi for Women?

Sorry this is just a random thought and I wanted to know what others thought about it...yeah I realize that most people that watch anime are male so it's probably a non-issue for most. ~~~~~~~~~

I don't really understand why but why is it that all ecchi is aimed at a young male audience? (meaningless panty shots, lots of moaning, and boobs flopping around like hot air balloons) Yeah I do know that males would be their biggest audience but isn't that just because they have all the fan service for guys? Yaoi (male x male) anime is probably the only thing close to ecchi that women have. Not that I'm complaining at all...I was just wondering.

But doesn't it seem a little odd that they would market gay sex at women? I would think that they would simply make ecchi aimed at women...and that would sell better.
    Last edited by Dithiannim; 03-28-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    Yaoi- God's gift to women after he messed up so bad giving us men!

Post Thanks / Like
    Seed Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was watching this special on anime think it was on hulu at one time or something can't remember but there are manga that are yaoi done by women.
    Forgive me if I seem distant, I think of the past. Forgive me if I seem cold, I no longer feel love

Post Thanks / Like
    Seed Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conversing about pointless and generally bad anime (ecchi altogether, along with Yaoi) is annoying. I prefer leaving them as crap, rather than glorify them by bringing attention to them.

I prefer them to have anime that is aimed at either gender and we can start to close this pointless gender gap that the world has.
    Let's Play Video Games Dith!!!
    Subscribe to:
    http://youtube.com/user/Dithiannim/

Post Thanks / Like
    Seed Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigamigurl View Post
    Yaoi (male x male) anime is probably the only thing close to ecchi that women have. Not that I'm complaining at all...I was just wondering.

But doesn't it seem a little odd that they would market gay sex at women? I would think that they would simply make ecchi aimed at women...and that would sell better.
    Hmm. Well, before I comment, I should mention that I'm not a fan of ecchi of any sort, including yaoi. On that note, however, I think it depends on the person. I know plenty of girls that like ecchi anime; I never asked them why, lol, but I assume that it's because it's not only about the girls. Half the amusement of an ecchi is seeing how the protagonist responds to scantily-clad ladies (nosebleeds everywhere!).

And yeah, I can see how it seems odd to market yaoi at women. At the same time, though, I can see how straight men would not only find yaoi uninteresting, but be completely confused at the idea of watching it xD Straight men don't care about guys in a sexual way, whereas straight/bi women would be interested in it, if only because there are men.

Plus there's the really obvious yaoi fandom that consists almost entirely of women. I mean, you seem to be a fan you'd understand it better than I would, lol.

As for ecchi targeted at women, I'm not sure why they don't make any. I suppose because it's hard to figure out what to make it about. I don't want to generalize and say that all women prefer an emotional connection to the objects of their desire, but a large number of them do, and I think that's where the issue comes in. Ecchi, as a genre, isn't about emotional connections. It's about being pervy. Thus, it would be hard for a writer to write a story that can be both pervy and fulfilling for women; I think people have tried, and what you end up with is a shoujo/drama with an adult rating.

Sorry I talk so much I hope it was helpful though

Thanks to Andross for my amazing signature! =D

Post Thanks / Like
    Seed Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jayeraine View Post

And yeah, I can see how it seems odd to market yaoi at women. At the same time, though, I can see how straight men would not only find yaoi uninteresting, but be completely confused at the idea of watching it xD Straight men don't care about guys in a sexual way, whereas straight/bi women would be interested in it, if only because there are men.
    Well I'm not straight (or gay), but I still don't like yaoi because generally it's written horribly. And I love romance anime. It's the same with with yuri for me. Maybe if these writers would start writing interesting plots they would get out of this hole that the majority of the anime community dislikes.

Not that many women watch anime. It's the sad truth, and that is why we have ecchi around. Which is a huge shame since that genre is trash. Oh well.

Check out the bishounen subgenre. Some of those are straight romances with "beautiful guys".
    I recommend The Wallflower a.k.a. Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
    Last edited by Dithiannim; 03-20-2012 at 07:30 PM.
    Let's Play Video Games Dith!!!
    Subscribe to:
    http://youtube.com/user/Dithiannim/

Post Thanks / Like
    Seed Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this is what you were looking for OP, studies.
    Next time...do your own Google search.

---

Thank you for reading.
    Have a fine morning.

-Kin
    Last edited by Dithiannim; 03-28-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Kudos to Andross for the sig.

I have the balls to make fun of Final Fantasy. Do you?

Join DropBox now for a FREE 2gb CLOUD!
    By using this link you get an extra 250mb!