AnimeSeed Shoutbox

Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.2.3 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seed Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mango View Post
    I'm sure no one here has a problem with adding dubs to the website, however the list of broken videos for the subs need to be fixed first.
    I was a mod this winter, but my status was apparently revoked, probably due to lack of use. I work seasonally and when I'm working I have very little time for anything but sleep. However, when I get laid off in the winter, I'd like to mod again. I tried to due some link fixing the other day and couldn't log in. I'll bring it up to the Powers That Be when it becomes more relevant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seed Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman014 View Post
    I know many of you out there will disagree with me, but I would like to see more dubbed stuff in here. I understand it's some sort of 'purist' thing to watch with subs, but I find it takes my attention from the visuals. And English voice actors can be good too! For example, FMA: Brotherhood I find much more enjoyable in English. I really don't wanna have to go to another website for the dubbed versions. I like it here. Please add more dubs. You could start with Wolf's Rain (cause that's what I'm currently watching). Thank you for your consideration.

(I wonder how long it will take for someone to notice this thread...)
    1st its not a purist thing the actors are by far better in their native language than they are over here. And check out the sites for either Funimation or 4Kids or Viz or US Manga and one other if they are dubbed then they have to be licensed over here. If we were to post there stuff we could be in trouble so also try Hulu as well for some dubbed stuff.
    Forgive me if I seem distant, I think of the past. Forgive me if I seem cold, I no longer feel love

Post Thanks / Like
    Seed Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personal opinion.. Dubs are nice for people who want them.. and, I would even watch them.. IF... the voice acting wasn't as dead and flat as last week's pancakes... maybe I would watch dubbed if they could learn to pronounce words and names correctly . how about reasonably close translations? I speak VERY little Japanese but I DO know the difference between morning and night. Maybe the characters were blind?
    For myself, I like watching subbed... I get a clear impression of what is intended in the story from the person who made it. There is a vast difference between "Just what I needed", ( new problem showed up ), and "Just what I needed", ( found a part he/she was looking for ). Dubs would be a nice addition if it's possible to find some quality ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seed Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subs do have translation problems and some quirks that REALLY bother me. Like having the first name of the character subbed before the last name when it clearly should he said his family name first. Also how they translate "Onii-chan" or similar family aspect that ALL people who watch subs know.
    Let's Play Video Games Dith!!!
    Subscribe to:
    http://youtube.com/user/Dithiannim/

Post Thanks / Like
    Seed Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dithiannim View Post
    Subs do have translation problems and some quirks that REALLY bother me. Like having the first name of the character subbed before the last name when it clearly should he said his family name first. Also how they translate "Onii-chan" or similar family aspect that ALL people who watch subs know.
    There are a lot of subs that don't translate common japanese phrases (like onii-chan), but those are definitely more rare than ones that turn it into "brother" and the like.

Even bad subs are better than some good dubs, though, because Japanese voice actors are generally much better than English ones. There are so many movies and shows that have almost been ruined for me because of bad dubs. There are some where I actually watch the dubbed version more than the subbed one, though. Nausicaa is an example, though the Japanese sub (when I finally watched it) is better than the dub.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seed Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I just prefer subs, the english cast sometimes sound awkward, or like they are trying too hard, I've only seen 1 anime where I prefered dub over sub (Fruits Basket)

Post Thanks / Like
    Seed Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As it's been stated, dubs AND subs both have their issues. I've seen my share of Engrish subs. And likewise I've heard some hacky voice acting. My point is, if nothing else, the option of dubs would draw more visitors to the site. Like I've said before, I like it here and don't want to have to search the internet for my anime. This is the Seed after all! It all starts here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seed Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely think that there would be legal problems involved if dubs were posted. It's one thing to have fansubbers do all the work to allow us to understand an anime, and a completely different thing to steal it unchanged from a company that make money by releasing it in the US. That's the entire reason why most manga readers have to remove manga once it's been licensed in the US or face legal problems.

If the series is available in the US market dubbed in English and you want to watch- you should pay for it. That's what keeps companies bringing in new anime and dubbing them for you.
    Yaoi- God's gift to women after he messed up so bad giving us men!

Post Thanks / Like
    Seed Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Don't want to watch it in English. I'm not paying for it. The subtitles on DVD releases look like ****.
    Let's Play Video Games Dith!!!
    Subscribe to:
    http://youtube.com/user/Dithiannim/